Saturday, 21 August 2010

Jimmy Stewart's War Uniform

My Grandpa is staying with us this weekend, and we decided to take him to the war museum near our house. Little did I know that it would end up having a classic movie-ish link.

The great actor and airman James Stewart, was born in Pennsylvania in 1908 (the same year as Bette davis), and in 1941 he joined the US airforce. As I was browsing around the American soldiers in England section of one of the hangers, what did I find? I'll tell you what I found, JIMMY STEWART'S AIRFORCE UNIFORM!!!!!!!!!!! And as usual I had forgotten something and this time it was my camera. So I didn't take this photo. But I hope you found it interesting to know this, just think; if he had died there never would have been any Rear Window, or Virtigo as we know them.







~Bette

3 comments:

SabrinaFairchild said...

Jimmy Stewart is my favourite actor of all time. And he seemed like such a nice and gentle man :)

Tom said...

Where is this? Is this at the Air Force museum in Ohio? I've always wanted to go there!

Bette said...

I didn't see it in Ohio. I don't know where this is because like I said it's not my photo. I think that it's travelled around a bit though, it's pretty cool to see. He had such long arms!

~Bette

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette