Sunday, 12 September 2010

My Brand New Discovery!

Well, this is embarrassing! I have to say, until yesterday I have never actually searched Tumblr for photos. And yesterday evening I went kind of demented on it, downloading every cool Bette Davis, James Stewart, Ingrid Bergman, and Audrey Hepburn photo I could find! So here are a few of my favourites.
Bette Davis after accepting her Academy Award for Jezebel
Ingrid Bergman and Alfred Hitchcock on the set for Spellbound
Audrey Hepburn being... Audrey Hepburn!

Joan Blondell and Bette Davis
James Stewart reading LIFE
Bette Davis eating ice cream
Bette Davis serving at the Hollywood Canteen

I have loads more (including a picture of Bette and her 4th husband Gary Merrill playing scrabble in a car looking very bitter) but I can't put them all here! I am thinking of sorting out some place for them somewhere on my blog, but that may take quite a while. I also found a video of Bette Davis singing "They're Either Too Young Or Too Old" which is now my favourite music video. Be warned, it has some pretty bad rhymes like "there isn't any gravy, the gravy's in the navy," and "I simply can't compel it to, with no marines to tell it to." But it is Bette Davis singing, so you have to make allowances. Yesterday I was thinking about what old movie treasures I could ask for for Christmas (which my family absolutely obsesses over, once my mum put Frank Sinatra's Christmas album on in September), and all I could think of, other than movies, was The Lonely Life by Bette Davis. I told my Mum this morning, and her reaction was "Can you even get it?" I replied "Umm, I'm sure I saw it on amazon once..." so good luck with that Mum!

~Bette (Wow, so many Bettes in this post!)

2 comments:

Dempsey Sanders said...

May I say, for a 12 year old your writing skills are brilliant, and I do mean that in a non-condesending way. Great blog, great post!
Bette Davis is a true movie classic Icon

Bette said...

Thank you! What's not to like about classic movies?

~Bette

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette