Thursday, 30 September 2010

Rest In Peace Tony Curtis

I was told that Tony Curtis had died yesterday while doing "current headlines" in class today. Everyone had blank looks on their faces (I found it very depressing that no one knew who he was), and I said "NOOOO!" really loud. I am very upset, and I feel very sad that one of my only favourite "still alive" classic movie stars is now no more. 
Tony Curtis 3rd June 1925 - 29th September 2010

Most people will remember him like this.
Looking gorgeous in Spartacus
But I will remember him like this.
He's the guy (dressed up as a dame) in the white fur collar
As a hilarious tenor saxophone player who dresses up as a dame to get a job, in Some Like It Hot, one of my favourite movies of all time. Needless to say, he will not only be greatly missed by fans of his acting career, as well as the admirers of his artwork, but also by his family which includes actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
Playing the saxophone whilst Jack Lemmon plays his bass with machine gun holes in. They were really chased by gangsters after being the two witnesses to the Chicago St. Valentines Day massacre 1929, but when asked by the band leader where they came from he says "Umm, i don't know... Mice?" So as not to blow their cover so that they can get as far away as possible from the gangster, Spats Columbo (George Raft).
The results from my latest poll to decide between the sisters of the silver screen (Joan Fontaine and Olivia De Havilland) and the winner is....
OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND
She won 4 votes to 2. I found it hard to choose between the two, but I do love Olivia just that little bit more.

~Bette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette