Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Happy Birthday Claude And Richard!

It would have been Claude Rains' 121st birthday today if he were still with us. A truly remarkable actor who doesn't always get the credit he is due. Plus he was best friends with Bette Davis which is always a good thing. It is perhaps unknown to you that he also had 6 wives.
Claude Rains ~10th November 1889 - 30th May 1967
Richard Burton is also an amazing actor who happens to share his birthday with Claude Rains. Although best known for his relationship with Elizabeth Taylor, he was a very good actor who I really love.
Richard Burton ~ 10th November - 5th August 1984
And guess what... THEY ARE BOTH FROM ENGLAND!!!! So cool.

~Bette

P.S. The results came in from my Bette Davis VS Joan Crawford poll, and I am happy to anounce.....
Nail drying with style.
A Bette Davis cigarette card. How cool.
That dahling Bette won! The exact votes were 5 for Bette, 4 for I-Don't-Know and 1 for Joan Crawford.

2 comments:

quizshowbob said...

Claude is one of my favorites.

Lou Holly said...

Thanks for taking the time to help keep the memories alive. We try to do the same with Keep Rockin' Magazine. Sincerely, Lou Holly www.krmag.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette