Thursday, 4 November 2010

My Favourite Wife And General Ramblings...

Today I really don't have time to write a full review, but I did just want to do a mini review of My Favourite Wife with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. Before I do so, here I just wanted to tell you about my most recent awesome discovery. Wait For It......
DR. MACRO!!!
It is so stupendously cool and awesomesauce that words can not describe! I found a whole load of Bette Davis radio shows, and just listened to an hour-ish long radio adaptation of Jane Eyre with her as Jane. This is just so cool. Of course there is also her classics, like radio adaptations with her reprising her roles as Margo Channing in All About Eve, and others. Check it out! Today I had my second cervical cancer vaccine in a course of three. It kills, but it's just about ok. One of my friends said to me today that she saw All About Eve at the weekend and said "Is Bette Davis the one who smokes and has the curly hair?" I replied "Yes, did you like it?" She said, "She is so cool." I am proud to anounce my third convert to classic movies so far.


So, My favourite wife is a screw-ball comedy about a man (Cary Grant) who believes that his wife (Irene Dunne) was drowned at sea after she doesn't return after a boat trip. She comes back unexpectedly, to a household that don't recognise her, and a husband with a new wife. She has no trouble winning him back, but he has trouble letting go to his wife to be.
I loved this for all of its craziness. It is heart warming, in a screwball way. Irene is lovely and cute, as always, and Cary is so funny. There are some cute kids in it too.

I have to chose three objects that represent me for art. It is times like these when I wish I had more classic movie nonsense.

~Bette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette