Tuesday, 9 November 2010

You Hold Your Knife And Fork Just Like A Little Boy Does...

Woah, my life is C-R-A-Z-Y at the moment! So much is going on! Here is a list of stuff.
  1. I have my grade 5 piano exam in early December wich is a big deal 
  2. We are putting on a Christmas show in the drama department and I have been given one of many mini-monologues that all fit together to make a big piece. I have to learn lines which is always daunting.
  3. I am thinking of taking a speech and drama exam in the spring and on top of all of that...
  4. I have to chose my GCSE options in February/March, and I have to start thinking about favourite subjects and stuff. At the moment my favourites are History, Drama and Science but it could all change and it is all so confusing!
Anyway, today I was practicing piano when I heard my dog, Snoopy, howling. I get freaked out easily when I'm home alone and usually put about 10 different locks on the door.
"I'm frightened Auntie Em, I'm frightened!"

I went in and put on Friends the TV show for him and gave him a hug for a bit. Friends THE TV show put him to sleep :-0 eye carrumba! He is after all my key film-watcher buddy and I am sure that under all of his black and white fur, there lives an inner Greer Garson lover. He also looks a bit like Greer Garson. If she was a dog. I guess.

I take it back.

Indiscreet (1958):


Cast:
Plot:
Acomplished actress Anna Kalman is happy and indipendent, but getting into her later years she wants to find a man to share her achievments with. Along comes Philip Adams. The suave and chaming man who seems utterly perfect for Anna. They fall in love and have a great time together and after the first day or two they have great plans for the future. At least, Anna does. Plillip tells her that he is married but his wife doesn't understand him and they have been estranged for years. Being my darling Ingrid, she says that she doesn't mind and that they will work something out. She is told by her sister's husband who works with Phillip, that he is not really married.
Ingrid Rage here, Ingrid Rage.
He says it so he doesn't get tied down to anyone. She has a great idea and after a frosty dinner party at some embassy, she makes it look like she has been having dinner with someone else. This involves her butler dressing in a dressing gown and popping in and out of her bedroom doors.


The Review:
All this film is missing is Thelma Ritter as the maid. That's not too much to ask, is it? But anyway, Stanley Donan (Singing In The Rain) does a great job at the directorial side of things and Ingrid and Cary are just perfect. The title quote comes from a line from Ingrid Bergman's play in the film. "You hold your knife and frok just like a little boy does... you do Arthur!"

I am very exited as I ordered Rebecca the novel yesterday, and loving the film so much I can't wait to see what it is like! Yee haw Daphne du Maurier!!!!

~Bette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette