Thursday, 13 January 2011

Photos Are A Classic Film Fan's Best Friends

I think that photo's are cherished in a very special way by classic film fans, because hey... If we didn't have all those lovely pictures of Cary Grant and Laurence Olivier,  we would have no way of seeing them in their natural habitats. If we didn't have those snazzy pictures of Greer Garson, Elizabeth Taylor, Bette Davis and Ingrid Bergman... How would we have outfit and hairdo inspiration? The answer is probably it wouldn't be easy. Here are some of my most recent and/or favourite ones at the moment.
A beautiful moment in a beautiful film: An Affair To Remember. Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr pictured.

Not so lucky with fur here... But it's Greer so we'll forgive her. Right?!
Beautiful Ingrid Notorious costumes. Love these dresses, but am afraid I will need to grow 6 inches to make me the same height as she was (5ft 9).
She really loves Cary Grant in this scene. How could you not?
This photo has probably been posted thousands of times on blogger, but I love James Dean! I always thought he should have been in The Great Escape.

What this post is also about, is the Classic Movie Blog Association's Hitchcock blogathon that is taking place on Monday. It is restricted to members of the CMBA and I shall be doing North By Northwest. This should be fun. 18 or more Hitchcock reviews on one day, yay!

I love the feeling of being back at school and being able to learn about cool things. It is so refreshing to be enlightened by the subjects I love, and it's just as refreshing to breath the fresh air when I get out of the classes I don't like. But that will all be different next year, I will be free to study my favourite subjects selected by me during the next six weeks. As of next wednesday my GCSE option choice process begins. I have to sit in assemblies and talk to teachers about mine and my parent's choices. I don't know how much time this will take and how complicated it will be, but blogging is sure to be my salvation along with my music and acting, as always.

~Bette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette