Friday, 25 March 2011

My VERY FIRST Blogger Award


I was delighted to see that the awesomely funny Sophie of Waitin' On A Sunny Day awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you so much, your blog is unbelievably stylish and fantasmagorical and also you are a fellow young British classic movie blogger (who are actually seriously hard to find!) so if I could I would award this award to you too, except it seems somehow pointless as you just gave it to me. So according to the rules I have to link back to the blogger who gave me the award... check! And then I have to tell y'all seven supposedly un-classic-movie-related facts about myself. Here goes...

1.  I play four instruments not including singing. I have played the piano since I was six and then expanded to learning the flute too. I have recently taught myself the ukulele and the guitar. I love them all. One of my favourite things to do is play my guitar and sing along to my favourite tunes :).
2. I go single handed dinghy sailing. This is also known as grabbing a plastic tub with a sail attached, pushing it into the water and then jumping in and hoping for the best. No - in fact there is quite a lot of knowledge needed. And it is a definite that you will end up swimming more than once.
3. Ever since I played one of the leads in my school production when I was 10 I have been hooked on acting. My mum and her entire family are show biz peoples and I have inevitably been bitten by the bug. Whether I end up in that profession or not, I adore it.
4. I live in a wee country village surrounded by cottages with thatched roofs and fields. Therefore I go to a not-quite-so-little secondary school in the neighboring village and have a border collie named Snoopy :D.
5. When I was little I wanted to be an intrepid explorer. I used to watch this TV show about mice and there was this little mouse who went on about climbing mountains and discovering countries and called himself "A real intrepid explorer", and it sounded so cool (except when he got stuck up a mountain with this old mouse because he thought he was an experienced explorer). My career path has changed since but it was fantasmagorical while the whole explorer thing lasted.
6. I am running Race for Life in aid of Cancer Research this summer. It's a big five kilometer (I think) jog/run but it's worth it and I'm doing it with my wee-country-village amigo so that should be fun!
7. I was so in love with The Sound Of Music at four that I got my beyond amazing family friend who happens to be a set/costume designer and classic movie lover to make me a pair of curtain overalls. No joke. They still hang in my lil' sister's (who is seriously snazzy) wardrobe.

So with that done I have to give the award to seven other stylish bloggers. Seven is obviously the number of the stylishness. Oh yes. I love all you bloggers out there, but these are just ones I have perhaps not mentioned before. I realize some may already have been awarded this, but they will just have to cope with being complimented again :).

  1. Super creative and nice Libby @ Catching The Stars
  2. The person who agrees with me about Breakfast At Tiffany's and therefore is an awesome blogger (she is also really good at movie reviews) who is called Audrey @ Fedoras And High Heels
  3. I think she has already been awarded a few times but she has to be awarded again, the super fashionable Kate @ Scathingly Brilliant. Kate, your necessary and unnecessary mustache posts will live forever.
  4. The most crazy and hilarious blogger I read, Millie @ ClassicForever
  5. One of the best reviewers I read, Sarah @ And... Scene!
  6. I will also award this to JavaBeanRush who is nameless, DUN DUN DUUUUN!!!!! But is a really cool blogger @ Java's Journey
  7. And finally, I give the award to new blogger and friend Luna @ Humming Birds, Honeysuckle and Hearts.
So there. Thank you Stylish Blogger Award people! Since this has been a pretty un-classic movie related post: here is another piece of news. You may have taken on board that I have been trying to decide my extra GCSE (school exams when you are 16 for you non UK readers) options and I have finally handed in the slip. Unless I hear otherwise, I will be taking (outside core maths + statistics and english literature + language): Music, Drama, Spanish, History, Latin and triple science which includes biology, chemistry and physics. Please read those blogs I listed, they were listed for a reason!

~Bette

3 comments:

Clara said...

Congrats. Bette! In fact, this is the second Stylish Award you receive. I think that Lady Eve also honored you on Tuesday:

http://eves-reel-life.blogspot.com/2011/03/thanks-dawn-for-stylish-blogger-award.html

Cool you nominated Audrey from "Fedoras and High Heels", she totally deserves it :)

LOL, you have to upload a picture of that curtain overall! (pleaase)

Yay, you're taking a Spanish class. ¡Qu√© bueno!

Hey, my sentences are really disconnected :)

Audrey said...

You sound like such a multi-talented person, Bette!

Thank you so much for the award! :D

The Lady Eve said...

I honored you with the award, too, Bette...you may be the only one to be "double-awarded"...Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette