Hi all! Glad to be back. I had a great time on holiday. Even though we were on a Greek island in the Mediterranean we managed to have a Wuthering Heights-esque storm complete with gale force winds and leaking windows for most of the week. It was so cool. I was very very happy to have been given a super cool job in the packing for Greece process before we left: movie organizer. It was my job to buy movies from iTunes for our iPods, converting DVDs into MP4 files (i'm totally not a geek...) and packing the DVDs. The job went well and I am proud to announce that we introduced my friends to a few great classics while we were there. Here is the list of the films I watched in rough chronological order.
- Rebel Without a Cause (1955) Dir. Nicholas Ray, starring James Dean and Natalie Wood: New to me.
- Torn Curtain (1966) Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, starring Paul Newman and Natalie Wood: New to me.
- Brining Up Baby (1938) Dir. Howard Hawks, starring Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn: New to me and my little sister, absolutely crazy but we loved it!
- It Happened One Night (1934) Dir. Frank Capra, starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert: New to my friend who really enjoyed it :-)
- Now Voyager (1942) Dir. Irving Rapper, starring Bette Davis, Paul Henried and Claude Rains: New to all of my friend's family!
- Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? (1967) Dir. Stanley Kramer, starring Sidney Poitier, Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn and Katharine Houghton: New to my friend's family and they really loved it. This film has to be prescribed watching.
- Gypsy (1962) Dir. Mervyn LeRoy, starring Rosalind Russel, Natalie Wood and Karl Malden: most of us had already seen it but it was new to my friend's little sister.
- The Talk Of The Town (1942) Dir. George Stevens, starring Cary Grant, Jean Arthur and Ronald Colman: New to my friend's family again, watched during a storm
- Strangers On A Train (1951) Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, starring Farley Granger and Robert Walker: New to me. Scared the life out of me. How is this a PG and Torn Curtain a 15?
- Show Boat (1951) Dir. George Sidney, starring Kathryn Grayson, Ava Gardner and Howard Keel: I actually only watched about fifteen minutes of this on the plane due to sleep deprivarion, but it looked good!