Friday, 29 July 2011

Hi From Greece!!!

Sorry, no photos! Using my iPod!

Hi all! I'm sat in a "sidewalk cafe" which can't help but remind me of one of Audrey Hepburn's wishes in Roman Holiday, which happens to have web! Yayayayay :3. After being out of the web zone for a wee while, it is good to be linked in a little again. It's all going well in Greece. Days are filled with swimming, reading and eating; afternoons with milkshakes and evenings with classic movie watching and more food :-)

I have just found some cool posts, the prospect of a new blogathon in the works and the result of my recent grade 5 music theory exam (81% merit if you wondered!!!) which has made me even more happy than I am already (if that's possible). I thought it would be cool to post my classic movie endeavours so far :-)

Movies Actually Watched (in order)

>Holiday (1938) starring Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, directed by George Cukor. ~ New to me!
This film was so cute! Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn do acrobatics together (enough said). Everything about it is great. Just so sweet. Katharine Hepburn is growing on me and this just reinforced it! Cary Grant was amazing as always. Could he be anything but?

>Indiscreet (1958) Starring Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant, directed by Stanley Donen ~ Rewatch
See my review here

>Pride And Prejudice (1940) Starring Lawrence Olivier and Greer Garson, directed by Robert Z. Leonard ~ Rewatch
See my review here

>An Affair To Remember (1957) Starring Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr, directed by Leo McCarey
See my review here

>Roman Holiday (1953) Starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, directed by William Wyler
See my review here

Random Classic Movie things

> Read The Thin Man by Dasheil Hammet. Amazing. Read. Now.

> Reading Notorious: The life of Ingrid Bergman by Donald Spoto. Very good... Gifted by Libby


So there you go! I hope you have good holidays too :-)

~Bette

2 comments:

Libby said...

Glad you are enjoying Notorious! And I am sure my brother has a copy of The Thin Man somewhere...
Thus far, my film watching has been awful. I started watching Rope but James Stewart didn't lift his trousers up like in The Shop Around The Corner, and also it was kind of creepy. And then I began watching Jane Eyre but then it was just too sunny outside to watch a film.

Java Bean Rush said...

Excellent! Have fun, Bette.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette