Monday, 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

SHMWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

When the usual load of halloween horror films hit the screens, I would be much more likely to be found curling up in bed with something like Bringing Up Baby (1938) to take away the scariness. I love thrillers and have quite a penchant for non-gruesome scary films but when things start getting to chopping off heads, or serial killers with graphic murder resumes, I find I'm much better off behind my sofa. But come halloween I try at least to go in for a little of the scary nonsense... But mainly Hitchcock thrillers. Here are some of my favourite halloween movies. "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!", "The Telltale Heart" and House On Haunted Hill (only a B-Picture, but it has Vincent price, and it's fun!). I've embedded the latter two in full, but for "The Great Pumpkin" there are only clips.

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!



{Found here}





The Telltale Heart, a surrealist animation of the classic horror story by Edgar Allan Poe narrated by James Mason,



and House On Haunted Hill (1959) starring Vincent Price.

An eccentric millionaire invites some of his colleagues to stay overnight at his mansion. If they survive they will receive $10,000... But will they survive?




Both are available in full on Youtube, so I thought it might be fun for you to take a look... If you dare... MWAHAHAHAHAH!!! (do you think I should stop the evil laugh? didn't think so... MWAHAHA! Sorry ;-D)

~Bette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette