Saturday, 24 December 2011

"Christmas isn't just a day; it's a frame of mind!" {A Miracle On 34th Street Appreciation Post}

Merry Christmas everybody! I feel very christmassy and cheery so here's my wishes to you for a happy time and Katharine Hepburn ice-skating.


I hope you all have a wonderful time and eat lots and watch lots of Christmas movies :-D. I did this last year with my favourite It's A Wonderful Life (1947) and this year I'm doing the same with A Miracle On 34th Street (also 1947). It's a general appreciation post because I feel like I don't ever want to go and criticize or look deep into a movie that is so magical and full of Christmas spirit like this one. So here you go! A compilation of graphics, facts, GIFs and photos of my favourite cutest and most Christmassy moments. All graphics and GIFs have a link back to the source.



Doris: Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.
Susan: Huh?
Doris: I mean, just because things don't turn out the way you want them to the first time, you've still got to be believe in people. I found that out.
Susan: You mean it's like, "It at first you don't succeed, try, try again".
Doris: Yes.
Susan: I thought so. 




 {Source}




Miracle On 34th Street Trivia!
  • Darling 7 year old Natalie Wood truly believed that Edmund Gwenn was really Santa Claus all through the filming of this movie and only realised that he wasn't when he turned up at the after party without his costume.
  • Miracle On 34th Street was released in May because the studio didn't just want to publicise it as a "Christmas Film". They wanted it to have a larger appeal.
  • This is the first film that legendary character actress Thelma Ritter ever made.
  • When Santa Claus asks the newly adopted Dutch girl who has come to visit him what she wants for Christmas (in dutch) the translation of what she replies is "I don't want anything because I got my gift by being adopted by my new mother."

My GIF
  • Maureen O'Hara initially refused her role because she had recently gone home to Ireland but she took it immediately after she read the script.
  • Maureen O'Hara and Natalie wood formed a strong and lasting bond while filming this film.

~Bette, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comments:

Jo said...

I love any excuse to watch a good holiday movie! <3 Hope you had a truly wonderful Christmas!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette