Saturday, 4 February 2012

Rianna's Classic Movie Survey

I just love doing surveys so when I heard that one of my favourite bloggers and best internet pals had recently made one I was super exited! Thanks Rianna of Frankly My Dear for the fun survey! Here are my answers.






1. Favorite classic Disney?






{These GIFs are not mine.}

My personal favourite has to be The Aristocats if we are talking about classic. It's amazing and all the cats are perfect. I can't ever find a Disney classic I'll have more affection for. This is as cute as it gets. Everybody wants to be a cat... I also adore Mulan and The Little Mermaid but I think they aren't really classic. I used to be quite obsessed with dressing up and putting on little shows when I was younger (haven't grown out of it) and I dressed up as many a Disney princess :-D

2. Favorite film from the year 1939?




{My graphic}

Ooooohhh. I couldn't tell you. I love Wuthering Heights which I reviewed for the 1939 movies blogathon, but I also love Dark Victory and Goodbye Mr. Chips. I don't think I could choose at all, I love so many from that year!

3. Favorite Carole Lombard Screwball role?





{Source}

My Man Godfrey for this reason. "GODFREY LOVES ME HE PUT ME IN THE SHOWER!" Enough said. Seriously.

4. Favorite off screen couple? (It’s ok if it ended in divorce.)




{Mine}

Well, my favourite off-screen couple that are widely known to have existed (The Powells were real. It's just my secret.) I have to say Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. Their love for each other was great. You really have to either read Me: Stories of My Life or watch Me: A Self Portrait to understand how much they loved each other. It's so upsetting sometimes because of his many problems.

5. Favorite pair of best friends? (e.g: Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford)



I have recently found out about a friendship between Greer Garson and Katharine Hepburn who ate together and socialized at MGM, but as for a proper friendship as in a famous one (that actually has the evidence of cute photos) I love Olivia DeHavilland and Bette Davis. They were great friends as this clip shows.




6. Favorite actor with a mustache? 




{Source}



William Powell and Clark Gable have to be tied. Their moustachioed awesomespice is equal in all ways. I love them too much for words.

7. Favorite blonde actress?



Blonde? Well I don't like to stereotype blonde, but I really love lots of Marilyn Monroe movies. She was a much better actress than everyone thought she was.

8. Favorite pre-code?




{Source}






{Source}

WHAT IS THIS? I LOVE SO MANY - PRE-CODES ARE ALL THAT IS WONDEROUS IN LIFE. If I had to pick it though it would be The Thin Man - or It Happened One Night - also Queen Christina!

9. Which studio would you have liked to join?


MGM. They had a blast there. Kate, Greer and Myrna? Yes! We could have been ladies who lunched in each other's apartment-sized dressing rooms! Me, Myrna and Kate would come from our serious dramas and clever comedies in black and white to go and see Greer who's been working with Walter Pidgeon on their lavish technicolour picture. Kate would go with Spencer, Myrna would come with William Powell (of course) and I'd be there with Cary Grant. Because since I suddenly find myself in classic Hollywood then of course, he is naturally my husband. THIS WOULD BE SO DAMN AMAZING.

10. Favorite common on screen pairing that SHOULD have gotten married? 




THE POWELLS. THERE ARE NO MORE AND NEVER WILL BE. They were married. They just kept it secret. Some commenter asked me a while ago how many secret children they had. Four. Two boys and two girls. Myrna Jr, Bill Jr., and the other two called Nick and Nora. Hellyeah The Powells and their family. And anyway, what more proof does anyone need than this?

11. Favorite I Love Lucy episode?



I have shamefully only seen a few but I got the first series from my grandmaw for Christmas so ILL here I come! So far I love the "Viteameatavegamin" episode best.

12.  Out of these actresses which one do you like best: Lucille Ball, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie Wood, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Greer Garson, Grace Kelly, or Katharine Hepburn?




{My Scan}

Why Rianna? Just why? I've already emailed you in shouting capitals at the total unfairness of this heart-wrenching question. This is so hard, but I think I'll have to choose Kate. After reading books about Greer, Ingrid and Kate's own lovely contribution, I have to say that I feel most akin to Katharine Hepburn and can relate most to her movies and her stories. Darn you though, tough question much?

13. Shadowy film noir from the 1940’s or splashy colorful musicals from the 1950’s?

I can't choose so I'm going to say one of each. Shady 40s noir, Double Indemnity. Barbara Stanwyck is a shadowy ninja of suspense. Deal.


Splashy colourful musical I pick Kiss Me Kate. It's been my favourite ever since I can remember.


14. Actor or actress with the best autograph (photo preferred).



Well, I think that Myrna Loy's extravagant hand is pretty darn awesome. Don't you?

15. A baby (or childhood, or teenage) photo of either your favorite actress or actor (or both, if you’d like.)

Cary Grant as a boy (sorry Rianna, it's the same as yours!)



Best picture of Kate Hepburn (this is the cutest thing ever guys.)




{My Scan}

Thanks Rianna for such a great survey! I had great fun doing it :-D

~Bette

2 comments:

Tracy said...

HEY!

I saw your reply in franklymydear's blog. Excellent answer! I would like to join MGM too! I LOVE WUTHERING HEIGHTS TOO! Can't stop crying.

Here's my answers:

http://tracywee.blogspot.com/2012/02/classic-film-survery.html?showComment=1328367861680#c1103110548534927415

Rianna said...

BETTE! I love your answers. Don't worry, I know about the Powells, too - and the Pidgeons (shh!!). So sad they have to keep it a secret. Both the Powells and the Pidgeons knew how each other felt so they would spend weekends at each others' Hollywood mansions and the Powell children would play with Walter Jr. and Little Greer.

And you and I would both be over at MGM, having lunch with Kate, Greer, Myrna, and Lucy. And probably Judy Garland too. Cary Grant's my husband too (Well Cary, and Paul Newman, and Clark Gable).

Lol, I'm sorry for this crazy and superlong comment. But thanks so much for taking the survey!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette