Thursday, 19 April 2012

Because Half Of You Don't Know Me

I was realising the other day how many new followers I've got recently and how I haven't ever done an introduction except my first post and about page... Ooops! So half of you probably don't even really know who I am so I thought that finally the day must come when you realize that yes, I am actually a mole that lives in a little mound and has only some old movies for company and a laptop so he decided to go into the world via the world wide interweb. That was a lie. I'm still a teenage Brit with a penchant for old movies. Disappointed? Thought so.

Anyway, here's a little about me for all of you who don't know the epic ninja that is me. (If you read this blog you've probably learned to deal with sarcasm.)

Teenager, a British hazelnut-haired, green-eyed gal apt to talk 'till the cows come home. Lover of classic film, acting, writing, sailing, singing and various-musical-instrument playing. Classic film is awesome, and Cary Grant is cooler than us all. Clever dramas, film noirs, Hitchcock, Tracy/Hepburn, Technicolour musicals + wordy and screwball comedies. All About EveSabrinaThe Philadelphia Storyall the Thin Man films and The Talk Of The Town fan.

{that's not me. I wish lololol.}

I'm a teenager, though sometimes I feel like I'm really not a teenage and sometimes I feel so teenager.


I adore classic film (hence the on de blog), acting (taking Drama GCSE) and music (again, taking the GCSE). I am currently studying my GCSEs. When I'm not wandering the interweb like a little lost soul, I can be found in my school drama studio rehearsing for something, playing one of my instruments, homeworking (creys) or if you're lucky you might catch me sailing my single-handed dinghy (:-0).

My favourite movie is The Philadelphia Story. I cry a lot because of classic film perfection and these movies; Random Harvest, It's A Wonderful Life, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and Roman Holiday.


Me and technology have a complicated relationship. I love it in some ways, but I think it hates me too much to let me love it. Then everything crashes and I'm like,


{my gif}

My favourite actresses are Katharine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Bette Davis, Myrna Loy and Greer Garson.

Cary Grant is my husband. Undisputed truth.


I love the work of Alfred Hitchcock, William Wyler, Billy Wilder, George Cukor and Neil Simon.

When I grow up I'd quite like to be Katharine Hepburn and Joni Mitchell, roam around a big city in dungarees and live in a little apartment with window boxes to put tomatoes and flowers in. It's been nice meeting you.


Hope you get more of an idea of what I'm like now followers!

Bette

7 comments:

whistlingypsy said...

Hi Bette, it is very nice to meet you. I share your interest in and passion for classic films and music, although I can't play a note of music. I also have an ambivalent relationship with technology, but I don't care how IT feels about me. I think you'll find many females (and I imagine a few males) dispute your claim to be Cary Grant's wife, but I'm not one of them. My heart belongs to Ray Milland and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. but I can be a bit unfaithful with a few others on my list. Take care, and thanks again for introducing yourself.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Well it seems I came here at perfect timing. ;)

You have no idea how refreshing it is to come across a teenager who LOVES classic movies. I often feature classic/retro film reviews on my blog and I can't even count how many times a teenage girl has commented "Never seen this movie! I don't like to watch movies made before 2000!" Ummmm. I die a little inside when that happens. (So, in other words, I'm like a zombie now or something).

Looking forward to more of your posts. :)

Natalie said...

Haha! Bette, I love this!

VP81955 said...

Thanks for keeping lit the flame of classic Hollywood!

Libby said...

So obviously since I know you as a real person, I know you. Redundant sentence much?
But anyway, yes to Joni Mitchell and window boxes.

Amanda said...

Hi Bette :) Nice meeting you !
It's relieving to see young people who love old movies!
* I was starting to feel like a weirdo in my class where James Stewart doesn't ring a bell to anyone :x *

We have such similar tastes :D I have a poster of the Philadelphia Story
( Btw that first picture of Kate Hep is beautiful *O*)

I'm hoping to read some other post soon !!
Take care

Karen said...

It's a pleasure to meet you, Bette! I was once a classic movie-loving teenager myself! (I don't really remember those days, but I was, really I was!) Looking forward to reading your stuff!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette