Saturday, 12 May 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!


"Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don’t do that by sitting around."
Happy Birthday, Katharine Houghton Hepburn!

I made these gifs and stuff for the very special should-be-public-holiday that is Katharine Hepburn's birthday. You all probably know how much I love her, but I felt like she needed this post and the gifs, she has become a major role model for me and is definitely one of my inspirations. If you wanna whole lotta Kate, here's my posts about her on this blog, and if you want even more Kate, here's my posts tagged with her on my tumblr. But you can never have too much K. Hep. knowwhatimsayin?

She was so cool there are probably no words - even if you don't like her you have to admit that she was her own person. I'm sure that that's all she would've wanted. Whether she was sliding down the mantelpiece as Jo March or cussing Peter O'Toole in a medieval jumpsuit like a boss, she always owned the screen. SO HAVE A HAPPY KATE DAY! Go watch one of her movies. That's what I'm off to do... Also might be prancing around the house talking like her... 'Cause that's the way I roll people.

Bette

1 comments:

Margaret Perry said...

I love your blog content - it's amazing how many pictures, and moving pictures, you've got! And I love your posts about Katharine Hepburn! I look forward to following your blog, but may I say one thing? The headings and links on your blog are so soft that I have trouble seeing them. I think the overall look is really ethereal, but it's hard to read. I'm sure if you rejigged the colors just a little darker, they would be more practical yet still have the effect you're going for!

I'd love to get your feedback on my blog! Please check it out and let me know what you think!
http://thegreatkh.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette