Thursday, 12 July 2012

Two Year Blogaversary


Today it is two years since I started this blog... Oh my god! Back then it just seemed like something that would be fun and and maybe kind of cool - it seemed like something interesting. A new thing to start and of course - I LOVED MOVIES. I thought it was great I could post about these things and people would read my posts. Then one day I woke up to some followers...


Since then I've watched more movies than I can count, gone through numerous obsessive periods and read autobiographies that have inspired me to go even further with what I want to do with my life. Classic film has become even more important to me and I have to say, watching these films and performances and reading these books about these incredible people has fuelled my passion for performance even more. I just adore everything about these movies and I'm so glad I decided to branch out into a social networking platform where I can fangirl talk about these movies and stars. 

So I also want to say thanks to all my awesome followers and commenters who put up with me and my phases (get ready for some Ingrid Bergman spamming again, guys) and I love all of you. I've made some great friends on here and on Tumblr. You're all too lovely for words. Thanks for following/emailing/tumblring/commenting/amazing-ing. And to all you guys that unfollowed...


I've had some great times and I've loved some of the crazy things that go on in the classic hollywood community (myrna and cake anyone?) and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I only hope that the years to come are as great as these past two have been. You're all the best and I love reading your posts and looking at the things you've made. I'm sorry if sometimes I don't comment very often - I'm often very busy at school as I'm quite active in my school's drama department which means rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal. If not that then my science teacher is asking me to do some homework on how the world works. After that I usually just read other people's blogs/tumblrs and make GIFs/watch films/review films.

Bette

8 comments:

VP81955 said...

From a grizzled old blog of five (Carole & Co.), congratulations!

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Happy blogiversary, Bette! Keep on writing!

Natalie said...

Happy Blogaversary, Bette!

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Congratulations on your two-year anniversary. Looking forward to reading more fun posts.

Film Flare said...

Congrats, Bette! You have a great blog because your love for the classics really shines through every post you write, so don't ever change that!

silverscreenings said...

Happy 2-year Blogaversary! That's quite an accomplishment. Here's to many more years of movie-blogging bliss.

Alyssa LM said...

hi Bette
congrats on your aniversary. been loving the blog and love your sense of humour.

Caftan Woman said...

It's wonderful to share the journey with you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette