Tuesday, 26 February 2013

The Sun Will Go On Rising And Setting Whether I Fail In Geometry Or Not.

[Source] (Because this blog was in dire need of some Anne Of Green Gables.)

Unfortunately, Anne of Green Gables, this is not always the case. I've been SUPER busy recently. I have a week of mock exams starting on the 4th of March so I've been revising for them and last week I had three evening performances of a show of covers of pop songs. Yesterday I had an improvisation competition, and tomorrow I have a monologue competition which I will talk about later. That's why you haven't seen too much of me around here recently.

I've been revising quite a lot, and also preparing for these shows/competitions. On top of that, yesterday I got ill with a kind of flu thing. WHY? Hopefully I'll be all better for tomorrow. Two things that have weirdly crossed over is my newfound Meryl Streep obsession and the part I'm playing in the monologue competition. I'm playing Isabella from Measure For Measure, the novice nun who is called from her convent to defend her brother who is accused of having sex with a girl out of wedlock. It's a technical misunderstanding. They are technically not married but he thinks they are...

Funnily enough, Meryl Streep played the part of Isabella in Shakespeare In The Park in New York in 1976 with John Cazale (Meryl Streep's long-time partner). I was like, hell yeah, "Meryl, snap!" I've watched several Meryl Streep films recently, Kramer vs Kramer (1978), Sophie's Choice (1982), Silkwood (1983) and half of Out Of Africa (1985). All were great (except Out Of Africa, amidst the romantic scenes with Robert Redford and Meryl Streep what the hell is happening?). Can't wait to watch more! Heartburn might be next...

Isabella is the typical nun-who-shouldn't-really-be-a-nun, a little bit reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn in The Nun's Story. It's one of the most difficult shakespeare parts I've played so far - even in monologue form. Compared to Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, there is a lot more to cover.

Anyway. Here's some nice eye candy of Meryl Streep playing Isabella. All pictures from Simply Streep.




And here's Ingrid as a nun by Andy Warhol!


Anyway. Just wanted to say there might not be consistent posting until about the 8th of March. Will miss yous alls :)

Bette

2 comments:

said...

Well, what I understood from Out of Africa was that Meryl was trying to make the plantation succeed, and also got syphilis. That's all!
Good luck with all you tests and activities!
Kisses!

Türkiye said...

Ümit Film istediğiniz kategoride film izleme imkanı umit-film.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette